Session 2: Coaching Agreement – Goal Setting
August 25 @ 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Participants will review the competency of Establishing the Coaching Agreement with a focus creating clear and motivating goals, both for the engagement and for each session. We will discuss the conditions that should be satisfied to have empowering, exciting, and achievable goals. We explore what occurs if any of these conditions are missing.
Learning Objectives: Participants will . . .
- Review ICF definition of Establishing the Coaching Agreement—beyond ethics, scope, and logistics
- Confirm the importance of helping the client set meaningful goals
- Explore what happens if the goal is not clear, in the overall engagement and in each session
- Practice strategies for creating well-formed outcomes
- Learn the competency markers for PCC certification
- Create an action plan to apply to their coaching practice