Session 7: Direct Communication
June 1, 2021 @ 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Participants will review the competency of Direct Communication. Specifically, we will explore strategies for noticing a client’s incongruities and inconsistencies as well as ways for the coach to respectfully speak his or her truth.
Learning Objectives: Participants will . . .
- Review ICF definition of Direct Communication
- Learn ways to listen for and notice client’s important statements, feelings expressed, or incongruities
- Review importance of sharing these observations without attachment
- Practice ways to “speak truth” while staying in service to the client
- Explore circumstances when Direct Communication is particularly impactful
- Discuss 8 tips for effectively using Direct Communication
- Create an action plan to apply to their coaching practice
Did you know? You can buy tickets to the complete webinar series!